Run An AFLCA Course
Depending on the need for specialized leaders in your agency and the demand within your community, you can select from the following courses:
The AFLCA offers subsidies from $250 to $400 to facilities that offer training in the core areas of our certification: Exercise Theory, Group Exercise Fundamentals, Aquatic Exercise, Resistance Training, Fitness For the Older Adult.
The AFLCA and AFLCA trainers partner with facilities who have qualified experts who can deliver training in five designations. Group exercise leaders will be fully certified to lead group exercise classes in the following areas upon completion of the courses and practicum: Step, Cycle, Portable Exercise Equipment, Mind/Body, Choreography.
Need an AFLCA Trainer or Assistant Trainer?
AFLCA Trainers are qualified to run AFLCA courses, and to give practical assessments to individuals seeking to fulfill requirements for their AFLCA certification. We have a contact list of AFLCA Trainers who can provide these services for you.
Things to Consider When Planning AFLCA Courses
- Manuals—One manual is required per course. For dual courses two manuals are required. Manual costs (not including GST and shipping) are as follows:
- Exercise Theory $40.00
- Group Exercise $55.00
- Resistance Training $55.00
- Fitness for the Older Adult $55.00
- Aquatic Exercise $55.00
- Facilities—Classroom space and gym, pool or weight room bookings depending on the course and the needs of the course applicants.
- Facilitators—Only AFLCA certified Trainers may instruct/facilitate AFLCA courses. Assistant Trainers and other experienced facilitators may present or assist with the workshop along with a current AFLCA Trainer.