Group Exercise, Aquatic Exercise, Fitness for the Older Adult & Resistance Training Leaders Recertification Package & Forms
Print off and complete the forms for recertification.
Submit your complete package to the AFLCA office via mail or email to email@example.com
NOTE: incomplete packages will be returned via mail
AFLCA Leader Recertification Requirements
- recertification is required every 2 years
- attend and complete an 8 hour recertification course or obtain 12 AFLCA approved continuing education credits: Course Listing
- complete a Practical Assessment with an AFLCA Trainer / Assistant Trainer
- maintain CPR 1 year from the date issued (minimum Level A) CPR Provider Listing
- recertification fees: $140.00 total (for one or more specialties)
*CEC’s can be obtained by attending conferences or workshops, on-line courses, AFLCA modules or other AFLCA certifications or designation courses.
To obtain AFLCA CEC approval for courses that are not pre-approved, please complete the AFLCA continuing education credit petition application.
** PLEASE NOTE: Leaders are required to complete two practical assessments per Specialty (the initial assessment submitted for Certification and one 2 years later for recertification). After the second assessment leaders are exempt from further practical assessments. If leaders choose to have additional practical assessments they will receive two continuing education credits toward recertification.
Certified Fitness Trainer (CFT) Recertification Requirements
- recertification is required annually by May 31st
- complete 20 credits of professional development every second year following date of original certification
- current CPR – Level C or HCP
- Standard First Aid
- 2016/17 recertification fees – $145.00
Late Recertification Policy
In the event you are unable to complete your AFLCA re-certification on or before the expiry date, late packages may be accepted under the following conditions:
- Expired within one month from your expiry date – no late fees required as we provide you with this grace-period to gather and complete your recertification documents, but please note that you have NO insurance nor certification when you expire
- Expired longer than 1 month to 6 months – payment of a $50 late fee required in addition to the $140 recertification fee.
- Expired longer than 6 months to 1 year – payment of $100 required in addition to the $140 recertification fee.
- Expired longer than 1 year – challenge applicable exams, complete a practical assessment and other certification requirements.
Please note that until your completed re-certification package is received (in full) by our office; your AFLCA certification and insurance are not considered valid. Please include the applicable late fee to avoid any further delay in receiving your documents.
Upon Recertification, leaders will have automatic Personal Liability insurance coverage. This coverage will provide $2 million general liability insurance. Practicing within the scope of practice of the AFLCA certified fitness leader ensures that you are covered. For additional information on AFLCA Leader Scope of Practice
Need an AFLCA Trainer, Assistant Trainer or CFT Examiner?
AFLCA Trainers are qualified to run AFLCA courses. Trainers and Assistant Trainers provide Practical Assessments and CFT Examiners administer Practical Exams.
Our courses and workshops provide professional development for all exercise and fitness professionals. Visit our CEC and Recertification Course page for professional development and educational opportunities open to everyone.
Recertification Course Evaluation
Don’t forget to complete your Course Evaluation