From one-on-one fitness training to deep water aerobics, to cycle classes, we have a certification that will get you started and keep you going as a recognized professional in the fitness industry. Our certifications are based on research, tailored for Alberta’s thriving exercise and health marketplace, and we offer affordable professional insurance to all of our current members.
We are nationally and internationally affiliated (through the National Fitness Leadership Alliance. This ensures leading practice, career portability and professional recognition for your certification.
Why should I earn my Certification?
Certification ensures a high standard of quality and consistent delivery of services to clients across the fitness industry. Research consistently proves that the more education a health provider has, the better the outcome for his or her clients. AFLCA certification tells your clients that you are among the best and most highly qualified in your profession.* Why wouldn’t you become certified?
Benefits of certification include:
- affordable professional liability insurance
- listing on Fitdirectory.ca, Alberta’s registry for exercise professionals. Read more about our role as registry
- monthly e-news and updates on conferences, workshops and professional development opportunities
- conference and workshop discounts
- Fitness Informer magazine
- Job postings
- National portability
- Comprehensive insurance coverage
- Ongoing professional development
- Peer recognition, AFLCA Excellence Awards)
- Professional development and networking
- Industry recognition
2,000 plus active members
Over the last 30 years, the Provincial Fitness Unit has certified over 30,000 fitness professionals. Currently we provide support to over 2,000 certified fitness providers, across Alberta. These are people who are passionate about active healthy living, and educating people to adopt an active lifestyle. They are at work right now teaching Albertans how to adopt healthy lifestyles forever.