Become an AFLCA Training Centre
Interested in becoming an AFLCA Training Agency? Join over 200 Fitness agencies who are! You can easily become a Training Centre by simply running a minimum of one certification course per year. The certification courses include: Exercise Theory, Group Exercise Fundamentals (Designation courses: Choreography, Step, Cycle, Portable Equipment, Mind Body), Aquatic Exercise, Fitness for the Older Adult, Resistance Training or providing a Recertification Course.
Need a qualified AFLCA Trainer to run a course or to give a demonstration?
Benefits of Becoming an AFLCA Training Centre
- First opportunity to assess and hire new AFLCA certified fitness leaders.
- Access to our cash subsidy program to run your AFLCA course.
- Subscription to the Fitness Informer, which is sent to 3000+ fitness professionals and agencies within Alberta three times per year. The “Fitness Informer” will update you with the happenings of the Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA), Alberta CSEP Health & Fitness Program (Alberta CSEP HFP), and Be Fit For Life Network (BFFL).
- EVENTS—Receive information and group discounts on the major events coordinated by the University of Alberta Provincial Fitness Unit. These include:
* Group discounts for Fit Rendezvous – a conference held every year for fitness leaders, personal trainers, and professionals designed for continuing education.
* Trainers Event – a professional development event for AFLCA trainers designed for continuing education, networking, and leadership.
* AFLCA Train the Trainer Event – a 4 day training course designed to educate individuals wanting to certify as AFLCA trainers.
* Perspectives in Exercise Testing and Prescription Conference – designed for Certified Exercise Physiologists and Certified Personal Trainers and other fitness professional for continuing education.
- Professional Resources—Forms section of web site.
- Access to a Job Opportunity Board—located on our Web site, advertise positions/job opportunities at your facility on our web site. An exclusive benefit for training/supporting agencies.