Become a recognized exercise professional in the fitness industry with AFLCA certification. Our certifications are based on research, tailored for Alberta’s thriving exercise and health marketplace, and provide personal liability insurance. We are nationally and internationally affiliated through the National Fitness Leadership Alliance and ICREPS. This ensures leading practice, certification transferability, and professional recognition. Individuals must be 18 years of age to obtain certification.
Group Exercise Leadership & Specializations
- Group Exercise with Specialties: Choreography, Portable Equipment, Step, Cycle, Mind Body
- Aquatic Exercise
- Resistance Training
- Fitness for the Older Adult
Personal Training – Certified Fitness Trainer
The Certified Fitness Trainer accreditation provides individuals with the education and knowledge to design safe, effective programs for personal training with your clients.
AFLCA Membership & Benefits
As you progress through the Certification process you will earn AFLCA Membership status and additional benefits:
Begins when you complete your Exercise Theory course
- Local and regional support, plus reminders to help you through the process
AFLCA Provisional Membership
Begins on initial Exercise Theory exam date
- regular information and updates on courses, conferences, workshops
- Online articles/resources
- Discounts on AFLCA professional development opportunities
- Provisional Insurance Begins on initial Specialty exam date
- Provisional Member Scope of Practice: Provisional Member Scope of Practice
Begins when you complete your theory, specialization and practical exams
Become an AFLCA Training Agency
Learn about the benefits and offer AFLCA Certification courses
AFLCA certified exercise professionals are required to keep their knowledge and credentials current by completing continuing education credits and maintaining CPR. The Provincial Fitness Unit and the AFLCA host conferences, courses and workshops to help you remain certified.
The Provincial Fitness Unit currently supports over 2,000 AFLCA certified exercise professionals across Alberta.